
That is a quote from my younger years when I used to watch WWF: Raw is War in middle school with my mother and siblings.Guilty pleasure.
Moving right along. I have been on a cooking spree the last little bit. James and I had a cooking night. He made a beef stroganoff, and a carrot cake (first time he's made one all by himself). I made potato slices in olive oil and herbs, and I made my first loaf of bread. It was a braided herb bread. It was really good. (Note: Pictures of that cooking extravaganza are not on my computer so they will be posted later).
Then a few weeks later I called up my mom to get my grandma's roll recipe which turns out to be my great grandmother's recipe. But I made them and I was a little unsure if they would turn out because ya just never know, but by the time I pulled them out of the oven it smelled like Nanny's. I felt like I was over there for Sunday dinner. I knew they had worked. They looked so good.
You can also turn them into cinnamon rolls which I did last weekend. They turned out okay. I don't think I put in enough filling but they were still good. Just needed to be tweaked.
I just love the accomplishment of cooking and seeing it all turn out and of course eating it too!
3 comments:
I've been kinda on a cooking spree too, just wanting to make new things. I need the recipe for your rolls. They look soooo yummy and I've never made rolls before. Also, do you have a bread maker or did you do it all yourself?
Mom said her house smelled like cauliflower today...she had it for lunch.
those rolls look absolutely out of this world!
i'm glad your hubs is back now:)
Post a Comment