Friday, September 18, 2009

Trip to the Zoo!

Last weekend I surprised James with taking him to breakfast at Einstein's Bagels and then a trip to the zoo. We love bagels. Yum...drool...

Moving on. We headed up to the zoo after breakfast. It was so busy because it was the first weekend where the new baby elephant was let out. We were lucky to find a parking spot. We headed in and it was great fun. We saw monkeys first. They were all "depressed"! Not one monkey was jumping around or anything. It was a little sad.



Then we moved along slowly but surely and went and saw the new baby elephant! I think my favorite part of the entire trip was the big wooden elephant right outside the elephant exhibit. That was the best part! It would make noise and it was huge. I loved it. If they had sold smaller versions of it, it would have bought it.



The baby elephant was so cute! We happen to walk right in just as it was running around! It was so cute. The baby elephant looked awkward when it was running. But there were a ton of people to see the new elephant. It was fun. The "mom" elephant was doing some cool tricks and was being rewarded with pumpkins. I had no idea that elephants ate pumpkins!



After staring at the baby elephant we went and watched the birds show. That was so fun. The birds would fly right over the crowd. They showed eagles, parrots, cockatoos, hawks, owls and doves. It was really fun. My favorites bird was the Stellar Eagle. It's the heaviest eagle in the world and it's found in Russia. It has a bright yellow beak. I wanted to take it home.



If you donate money a bird will take it from your hand and put it in the box. It was so neat to see. And if you donated at least $5, you got to take a picture with the American Bald Eagle.





We got to ride the Merry-Go-Round. I wanted to ride either the hippo or the panda. James wanted to ride the kangaroo. However, because we were at the end of the line and there are all these little kids, James ended up on a buffalo and I sat on a mandrilll. I hate monkeys. Oh well, it was great fun. we were the oldest people there without kids.



We did see all the other traditional animals. There were 3 baby tiger (who were asleep), a baby giraffe, baby elephant, baby snow leopard and a bunch of smaller animals that had had their babies.















It was such a great time. We loved just wandering the zoo.

No comments: