Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh I love being an Architecture Student's Wife...

I guess it comes with the territory, but Saturday James was up at school from 6.30am to 5.45pm working on a group project. Then on Sunday, unfortunately, James was at school from 6.30pm until 3.00am! He got three hours of sleep and then he got up and got ready for school. He told me that he started to fall asleep in the shower this morning when he was shampooing his hair! So obviously I did not trust him to iron his own pants this morning. I know I have a support group with the other wives of the program. But sometime it's just hard. But that's life I guess. I don't think I really want to know what it's going to be like when he's in grad school. I am proud of him and all he's accomplished. James and I do cherish those moments when we are together because once the school year starts, those days are few and far between.

8 comments:

Court said...

Sounds like being a security guard's wife who is going to school. I think Sunday in church was the most time we spent all weekend with Chuck. I can relate.

Court said...

P.S. I like the background!

melissa said...

its a dang good thing there's wives out there like you who are supportive and patient:).

i'm sure he loves how patient you are!

Dan and Nicole said...

Well I'm glad we left somewhat earlly yesterday so you could have time together! You are a wonderful wife to be so patient!

Caitlin said...

If you're looking for advice (which you probably aren't, but I'm giving it to you anyway cause I'm bossy like that ;-) ) get a hobby, or develop one you already have. If you stay busy while he's gone, then it won't be so bad.

That's my two cents!

Hebdon Family said...

To Caitlin from a fellow architecture student's wife: You are not alone!! Saturday Brian was at school from 6:00 am til 1:00 am Sunday. It's kind of ridiculous!! If you ever need to vent or anything just give me a call!! :)
P.S. We definitely need to start doing girls night out...

Elaine said...

Chase was in the same group. It sucked. Let's hope our men can bring home the big bucks when this is all done with!!!!

Sarah and Alex said...

I hear that med school wives feel the same way. I'm not looking forward to that. But once they're done it will all pay off... right?