Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let Spontaneity Rule!!

James and I decided that this year we were going to be more spontaneous in life. Do the unexpected and unplanned. Well...we had our first adventure. James came home Tuesday afternoon and said, "After Scouts tonight, why don't we ride TRAX until it stops down in Sandy?" I gave him a quizzical look like, "Had you lost your marbles?" but instead I decided to be spontaneous and said "Yeah sure. Why not!" It did take a little convincing to get me to go just because I was a little tired.

Now some of you maybe asking so what? Well you have to understand a little bit about me. I really like things to be planned. I like to have control over things. So doing something that is a little different and unexpected is a little bit difficult for me. But again, it is our goal to be more unexpected.

After Scouts, we are the 11 year old Scout leaders for our ward, we gathered up a bag of goodies and headed off to TRAX. In our bag of goodies we had snacks, books to read, paper to draw on and an Ipod etc.

We hopped on the train and headed for Sandy. It was full starting out and eventually people got off at various stops along the way. There wasn't really anyone interesting on the train which meant that people watching was limited or nonexistent, unfortunately. I love to people watch. I think it is very interesting to see how people act and react to situations. Moving on...

We did ride the train down all the way to Sandy. We hopped off the train at the final step but then turned right around and got back on and sat in a different seat. Along the way we talked about the architecture of the buildings, I guess that's what you get for marrying an Architect. Along the way, there is a lot of graffiti which James is fascinated with. There's some pretty interesting graffiti actually. I was impressed.

Our adventure took about 2 hours to complete. We talked most of the time. We also drew silly pictures and played Pictionary. We were tired once we hit Salt Lake. But all in all it was fun and a different thing to do. Here are some pictures of the adventure....


James waiting for the train...



Us on the train...


James & I didn't know that Sandy was historic...did anyone know that?


One of our pictures that we are in the process of drawing.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

I agree with you, I like things planned out. But it looks like you guys had a great time.

TheTerry's said...

aren't you two cute! soak it up before you have babies because when babies are in, spontaneity is out. actually, maybe you'll be relieved...haha!