Saturday, February 19, 2011

What do you do?

I've been trying to figure out what to do in my free time besides watching all 7 season of Gilmore Girls or random movies that I own. But I can't think of anything. I asked James today, "What do people do in their free time? What do people do for hobbies?" He looks at me and goes, "Free time? I don't know."

So here are my questions for you, besides sitting and watching TV, what do you do in your free time? What is your hobby? What do you know other people do in their free time or for their hobby?

5 comments:

Kenna said...

You might think I am strange or boring, but I love to walk around where we live and look at all the old houses, I think during spring and warmer days I do this for about an hour a day.
I also love to hunt for bargains at thrift stores.
Maybe just cause I have kids but you can do this to, I try to go to all the free events, museums and activities that SLC has to offer. Just last fall at the Art center they had miniture golf through art, and they change it up every month and its free. Also free concerts.
I don't have any hobbies per say I guess just trying to find anything that is free.
Good luck with your hobby, you could take up fencing?
If you like free days, just this coming Wednesday it is free day at the zoo.
Yes, I am a dork!

Sarah and Alex said...

You can have a baby! That would fill up a lot of your "free time". :) No, really. I have found quite a few hobbies being out here in MO that I wouldn't normally pick up cuz I had family in Utah. I decorate cakes, crochet, cross-stich, I'm earning my personal progress again, learning how to garden, and I am putting together a cute recipe book of all of our favorite recipes, compiled into one.
I hope you find something that works for you!

TheTerry's said...

I read a lot! Love to read! I also love doing home crafts, like things that would look good in our home. Decorating picture frames, making wreaths, or holiday decorations I find online. My dad is learning all about bread making and is becoming very good at it. And of course there is always service...baking for someone and leaving a little note, finding out who needs help in the ward :) Hope you find something to fill your time!

melissa said...

i clean my house spick and span
i make a huge, delicious meal
i scrub my floors
i organize my closet
i sew as many blankets as i can get my hands on
i massage brad
i write love notes to all my friends and family
sometimes i think of all the people i could help in one hour, and help them
i ponder about my dreams and life
i do my visiting teaching and my neighbors visiting teaching only because i know she probably won't get around to it
i drive around looking for homeless people to feed
i bake heart shaped cakes every day
i refold all my clothes in my drawers


gosh caitlyn, i can't believe you have so much free time. that's weird.

i say sleep or watch tv. that's truly what i do the second i have downtime-which is about 23 hours of my day.

Allison said...

Hey Caitlin! I found your blog through blog-hopping. I feel like I've looked at it before, so maybe I was blog-stalking in the past and looked at it, but I can't remember if I commented or not!

I think watching all 7 Seasons of Gilmore Girls sounds like fun :)

BTW I like your post with the list of 100 books. I'm going to go through and see which ones I get to bold and italicize.