Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

Back in June James and I flew out to California to go to DISNEYLAND!! with my family. We left on Sunday and drove down the coast. We stopped in Ventura to visit with my grandpa and my aunt & uncle. We went to Auntie Robin's house and James picked his first avocado and orange. He was really excited.

We got to Anaheim and drove up to the Disneyland Hotel. It was awesome. We got our room key and headed up to the room and it was so cool. The headboard lights up.



We just hung out for the night since it was Sunday and got some dinner.

Monday could not have been a better day. We waited outside the gates and counted down to open the gates. And off to Disneyland! We hit New Orleans Square and Critter Country. James found his bench. Apparently when he was last in Disneyland his family was riding a ride and James found this bench in New Orleans Square and sat down. It was in the shade and someone was playing Jazz.






We rode Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise (Madam Please!) and the Winnie the Pooh ride, Splash Mountain (where my sis & her husband got soaked). We shopped around while the boys were at the shooting gallery.


In the afternoon, after a quick nap, James and I went back to the park and rode rides in Fantasyland. As we're getting off of the Pinocchio ride, we saw Christian Bale!



We were able to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Snow White. We then met my family for dinner and to watched Fantasmic.

The next day we headed in early for Magic Morning Hours. We were able to ride the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Teacups, Peter Pan, & Alice in Wonderland.



We then headed over to get FastPasses for World of Color, Disney's new water show. Which wasn't as bad as we thought it might be. We then wanted to ride the new Toy Story ride but by the time we got over there the line was forever long and I mean for-ev-er. So we rode California Screamin'. We then decided that it would be best if we just got in line for the Toy Story ride. We had to wait an hour and 20 minutes! It was brutal but definitely worth it. The ride is absolutely fantastic. Here we are with our 3-D glasses on. James was doing his Buzz Lightyear impression.



We rode Tower of Terror. It was James' first time and he thought it was going to be lame but it turned out that to be his favorite. I do love that ride. We also rode Grizzly Rapids and I got soaked but luckily it was hot so it was refreshing.

That night we waiting to see World of Color and those FastPasses were the best thing ever. As we were waiting at our spot, guess who we saw? Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)!



World of Color was incredible! It is a must see, with a FastPass, when you go.

The next day we took it easy, we redid rides we liked, like Matterhorn, Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones, Mickey's Symphony Swings, California Screamin', Teacups, Thunder Mountain RR...

And the whole time we were there all I could talk about was getting one of those ice cream dipped in chocolate in the shape of Mickey. I finally got one. Yum. I love those things.



That night to celebrate our last night we ate at the Blue Bayou. It was delicious and we got a waterfront table. Afterward we went shopping for souvenirs. James got a Mr. Potato Head with special attachments only found at Disneyland, a VinylNation Mickey (decorated in different styles), I got a t-shirt, a magnet and Alice in Wonderland DVD.

I did some record keeping, James and I spent a total of 35.5 hours and rode rides 41 times. It was a great trip!










4 comments:

Kenna said...

fun, fun, fun!!!
How did you get so lucky to see so many stars... That is awesome.
I'm sure you and James made that headboard light up the fireworks, hahaha (inappropriate, sorry)

Court said...

Dad looks like he was caught off guard in the Buzz Lightyear picture. Funny!

Laura Beardall said...

You guys are so cute! What a fun trip!

Nicole S. said...

What a great trip! I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (well maybe once but I was so little I don't remember it) and I've never seen anyone famous while at Disneyland. What a fun trip!!