For us, there are about 40 people there (aunts, uncles, cousins, husbands/wives that have married in, grandma...). The majority of the family is 16 and under. There are groups of cousins that create their own "club" name. There's the Sweet 6 (the tweeners) and the Awesome Tres (9-10 year olds), then there's quite a few under the age 6, and few teenagers. Every group has their own nook of the cabin. Luckily, for the 3rd year running, James and I have been able to secure what's considered the "Food Room" aka a study with a pull out bed. The fact that everyone stores their food in there is just an added benefit.
There's a lot to do there as well. It has: a half size basketball court that can also act as a tennis court/volleyball court, ping pong table, fuse-ball, hot tub, trampoline and of course lots of room inside the cabin. James and his family usually goes mountain biking. (I went last year and crashed, didn't go this year.) This year we brought up some games and we played Cranium. James, Andalyn and I won. Brandon, Carlyn and Uncle Brenton came in a very close second.
Mainly we just hung out. I got my toenails painted by the tweeners. I got glitter green toes! Gorgeous! Andalyn got blue.
Here are some other pictures of things that we did and people hanging out, doing yoga, playing basketball, jumping on the trampoline.
We enjoyed our few days there and it was great fun to be with family and in the woods.
2 comments:
I love that you're hanging out with the tweeners! Looks like it was a lot of fun and a beautiful location!
That looks really fun! How did you get that many people on the hammock without it tipping over?
Post a Comment