This past week was my Spring Break. I went to California for the first half of the week to visit my family. And the second half of the week was spent with the Hall family. They kindly invited us to spend the weekend with them down in St. George and Mesquite to go mountain biking. Now if anyone knows of my biking experiences you know mountain biking may not be the best thing for me. However, James had me "train" for it by riding my bike around Liberty Park in Salt Lake. But riding around a smooth paved park is not the same as going up and down rocky hills on a bike.
But I tried it and I really liked it. It was so much fun!! Going downhill is, of course, the best part. I didn't fall or get hurt once. That's amazing considering I ran into a stopped car and rode through a bush (I wasn't supposed to go through the bush) while I was in London but I digress. James and Jordan went off Clavicle Hill and survived! Clavicle Hill had two big hills that you could ride down and quite possible break your Clavicle bone.
Here is the trail we took. 4.4 miles round trip. Not too shabby.
We stayed in a very nice condo in Mesquite Nevada with James' family. Our first night we went for a ride/walk along the canal in town. It was so nice to have warm weather considering when we left Springville, there was 6 inches of snow in the ground.
Here is James' younger sister Andalyn on her unicycle.
Our second day on the trip we decided to go to Snow Canyon and take a ride. However, again in Southern Utah, it was very windy. Our bikes were moving all over the roof of the car. But it was a scenic drive. We drove the back roads through Arizona to get to Snow Canyon. Once we got to Snow Canyon, it was really windy, we had lunch and climbed to the top of Upper Galutte, it was just a big red rock you could climb on. The wind was blowing so hard up on the top that there was no reason to hold on to it. It was gorgeous up there.
If you've ever wondered what Arizona looks like, here ya go, you ain't missing much.
James and I didn't ride at Snow Canyon it was too cold. That night James and Jordan went bowling at a local casino while the rest of us stayed home and watched "Cars". I had never seen it. I kind of liked it. And then the next day we headed home and had In-N-Out for lunch. It was great. The strawberry milkshake is the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment